Beautifully crafted statue of Panchmukhi Hanuman. Sculpted from solid brass metal. The origin of Sri Panchamukhi Hanuman can be traced to a story in Ramayana. During the war between Lord Rama and Ravana, Ravana took help of Ahiravana, the king of Pathala. Lord Hanuman in order to protect Lord Rama and Lakshman formed a fortress with his tail. Ahiravana took the form of Vibhishana the noble brother of Ravana and took Lord Ram and Lakshman to Pathala-loka. Hanuman entered pathala loka in search of Rama and Lakshmana, He found that life of Ahiravana was hidden in the five lamps which were placed in different directions. He could be killed only by extinguishing all five lamps the same time. To accomplish this Hanuman had to take the form of Panchamukha Hanuman. This form of Hanuman has five faces. Hayagriva, Narasimha, Garuda and Varaha are the four other faces along with Hanuman's face. Hanuman using the five faces in different directions blows air to extinguish the lamps there by killing Ahiravana.
- Hanuman / Bajrangbali statue in Panchmukhi avatar
- Handmade ethnic, religious gift showpiece/idol for Hindu festive occasion
- For placing in home temple, office table, or shop shelf/puja mandir
- Made of pure solid brass by mastercraftsmen of India
- Dimensions: 3.5*2*4.25 inches (L*W*H)
- Weight : 560 Gram